With the latest flagship landing on doorsteps this week, many OnePlus fans have been trying to get their OnePlus 6 battery percentage displayed in the status bar.
All previous OnePlus phones have included an option within the Settings menu, under Status Bar, that allows users to have the battery percentage permanently displayed in the status bar.
However, this option is not present in the OnePlus 6 status bar settings, leading fans to frantically search the phone’s menus looking for the battery percentage option. Some have wondered if the battery percentage option was removed to save space on the OnePlus 6 notch display.
Update: OnePlus adds status bar battery percentage option to OnePlus 6
OnePlus have now released a software update for the OnePlus 6 that allows the battery percentage to be displayed on the status bar. However, this has been added as an alternative battery style option, rather than a separate toggle.
This means, unlike the OnePlus 3T screenshot shown above, where both a battery icon and percentage are displayed, enabling the status bar battery percentage on the OnePlus 6 removes the ‘battery bar’ icon.
How to enable OnePlus 6 battery percentage in status bar:
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to enable OnePlus 6 battery percentage in status bar:
- Install the latest software update
Ensure you have installed the latest software update.
(Settings > scroll to bottom > System Updates)
- Access the status bar customisation menu
Go to Settings, then under Customisation, select Status Bar
- Select Battery Style
Open the Battery Style menu, where the option to display as a percentage has now been added. Select Battery Style
- Select Battery Percent
You’ll be given four options. Battery bar, battery circle, battery
and battery hidden. Select battery
That’s it, you’ve enabled status battery percentage on your Oneplus 6
Thankfully, OnePlus have confirmed the battery percentage option will be added to the OnePlus 6 in its next software update, alongside the scheduled do-not-disturb feature. So, whilst you can’t enable it just yet, rest assured that the Oneplus 6 battery percentage display option will be added in the next few weeks. Until then, the battery percentage is just a quick swipe away. We’ll update this page with further instructions once the update is out. If you really need your battery percentage displayed urgently, If you must have the battery icon and percentage shown in the status bar, there are many apps on the Play Store that will use a notification to show the battery percentage in your status bar.
A passable workaround, but something I’d find
OxygenOS Operations staff member Gary C. confirmed the news in a OnePlus 6 Questions & Answers post he made this week:
Question: Can you please explain why there is no option for Battery Percentage in the status bar?
Answer: Feedback received. We will support it in the next update.
Question: The new alert slider works
handy! HoweverI didn’t see the Scheduled DND feature.
Answer: Nice catch. We plan to have it in the next software update too.
Gary also confirmed upcoming updates would address autofocus issues on the rear camera and increase the volume of calls and notifications.
Great alternatives to the OnePlus Bullet wireless headphones
Don’t fancy waiting months for the OnePlus Bullet headphones to be released?
Check out our best alternatives below, at a fraction of the $69, £69, and €69 retail price of the OnePlus Bullets.
- [Pressure-relieving Soft Earpads & Ergonomic Design]: Memory-protein earmuffs, soft headband and 8.1 oz light weight make the DOQAUS Bluetooth headphones over-ear fit for long-time wearing. The stainless steel slider and upgraded larger diameter of ear cup allow you to find the perfect fit without constraint and provide excellent durability.
- [Up to 52 Hrs & Wired Mode]: DOQAUS Bluetooth headphones over ear provide 52 hours of continuous music/talking time rather than 10 hours, triple as much as other wireless headphones. Come with 3.5mm audio cable, when the battery runs out of power DOQAUS wireless headphones can be used as a wired one so the headphones will never power off. Note: The headset button will not work in wired mode, you must adjust the volume and change songs through your phone.
- [Hands-free Calling & Built-in Mic]: DOQAUS wireless headphones over ear provide a quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices like cell phones, tablets, pc, TV within 33 feet, with a high-quality built-in noise-cancelling mic for hands-free calls.
- 【THE SOUND YOU WANT】Enacfire Future has the built-in high-quality audio chip, you can hear your music even in less than ideal environments. Deep bass allows you to turn up when you want to tune out. Comfortable material fits perfectly in your ear - no adjustment, no irritation or discomfort. Here are 3 sizes eartips for you to choose
- 【BLUETOOTH YOU CAN COUNT ON】ENACFIER Future Bluetooth headphones have an impressively superior stable and smooth connection signal with Bluetooth Range up 15-20m. Use them around your home and your office without worrying about interruptions or technical difficulties. It's the easy, hassle-free wireless experience you've been looking for
- 【ONE-STEP PARING TECHNOLOGY】You don't need any skills to use ENACFIRE Future Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headphones. They are easy to connect as they are available for a connection whenever they are on unlike the traditional wireless earphones which you have to click the power button to have them ready for connection
- Noise Isolation: Impressive over-ear cup design can effectively isolate environmental noise through passive noise reduction (NOT active noise cancellation), it can enhance the listening experience, make completely immersed in the music world or enjoy the joy of talking with family and friends.
- Excellent Stereo Hi-Fi Sound: The closed back design provides impressive Hi-Fi sound with 40mm driver together. The clear and quality audio will bring you the deep, powerful and balanced sounds when you listen to music or watch movies.
- Hand free call & Built in Mic: Rydohi Bluetooth headsets provide a quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices like cell phones, tablets, pc, TVs within 33 feet, with a high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls, which is convenient for you to free yourself from wires.(ONLY FOR WIRELESS MODE)
- Up to 35 hours long battery life
- 10 minutes Quick Charge for 90 minutes playback
- Sleek, swivel fold design for compact on-ear style
- [ Hi-Fi Bass Sound]:Powerful 57mm stereo driver and advanced bluetooth 4.2 chip that aim to deliver you superior sound quality with high fidelity deep bass and crystal clear treble, lose yourself in immersive music even in the lowest volume levels!
- [Super Features]: Wireless and wired flexible headphones,if the battery is low, you can switch to wired mode and enjoy music with a 3.5mm audio cable . Use FM radio and support SD card (sold separately) playback. You can listen to the FM radio using your headphones, or you can put the SD card on the SD card on your headphones to listen to music.Built-in Microphone and Control,over ear headphones provide high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls.
- [Foldable Design]:The foldable Headband is not only designed for saving your desk space. Depending on your head/ear size/shape, it maybe feels like"on ear"for someone to wear which is designed to avoid sound leakage. In case of that and to get both audio and wearing comfort, please take off the headphone every 1-2 hrs to get your ears relax and protect them from muggy environment in use.
Last update on 2020-03-20 / As an Amazon Associate Fuseboxed earns from qualifying purchases / Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.co.uk, Inc. or its affiliates / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Source: Gary C
Main image credit: OnePlus