OnePlus have confirmed the existence of a OnePlus 6 bug that can cause the new flagship to lose all audio during a phone call.
The bug can occur when the speakerphone is activated during a call. Instead of moving the call to the loudspeaker, the audio is lost and the OnePlus 6 falls silent. Switching back to the handset earpiece and deactivating the speakerphone does then not have any effect.
Once the audio has been dropped, the only way to restore the call is by disconnecting and placing a new phone call.
OnePlus have confirmed to
The ‘silent speakerphone’ bug was first reported by members of the OnePlus community. Some complained that the bug left them unable to use software that automatically activated the speakerphone using the proximity sensor.
Here’s our current list of changed planned to be made in the next OnePlus 6 update:
- Display more notification icons in the status bar, when reducing the display size setting has created more space before the notch
- Removal of the three overflow status bar dots on all devices
- Increased notification and ringtone sound volume
- Rear camera autofocus improvements
- Fix problems when using Indian carrier IDEA as secondary/non-data sim
- Fix silent phone calls bug (as above)
- Restore status bar battery percentage option (as above)
- Add scheduled do-not-disturb feature (as above)
OnePlus are yet to confirm when exactly this software update will be released, but they have a great record of prompt updates, so expect no more than a couple of weeks. Your phone will notify you once the update is available, which should allow you to resolve all the OnePlus 6 bugs listed with a simple quick restart.
Future updates will include portrait mode functionality using the front camera, and ongoing improvements to display scaling within apps. We’ve reached out to OnePlus for further information.
The OnePlus 6 is the first OnePlus device to support seamless updates, an Android Nougat feature. This allows updates to be installed silently in the background, to then be activated with nothing but a quick, standard restart. Seamless updates will not require the extended restart of traditional Android software updates, which install the update itself whilst the phone is restarting. These kept the phone out of action for anything from a few minutes upwards, depending on the size of the update.
Looking for a quick workaround to the speakerphone bug, and an excuse to buy some great new Bluetooth headphones?
Our bestsellers below offer a great alternative to the upcoming OnePlus Bullets, at a fraction of their price and without waiting months for availability.
The best OnePlus Bullet alternatives for the OnePlus 6:
- [Pressure-relieving Soft Earpads & Ergonomic Design]: Memory-protein earmuffs, soft headband and 8.1 oz light weight make the DOQAUS Bluetooth headphones over-ear fit for long-time wearing. The stainless steel slider and upgraded larger diameter of ear cup allow you to find the perfect fit without constraint and provide excellent durability.
- [Up to 52 Hrs & Wired Mode]: DOQAUS Bluetooth headphones over ear provide 52 hours of continuous music/talking time rather than 10 hours, triple as much as other wireless headphones. Come with 3.5mm audio cable, when the battery runs out of power DOQAUS wireless headphones can be used as a wired one so the headphones will never power off. Note: The headset button will not work in wired mode, you must adjust the volume and change songs through your phone.
- [Hands-free Calling & Built-in Mic]: DOQAUS wireless headphones over ear provide a quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices like cell phones, tablets, pc, TV within 33 feet, with a high-quality built-in noise-cancelling mic for hands-free calls.
- 【THE SOUND YOU WANT】Enacfire Future has the built-in high-quality audio chip, you can hear your music even in less than ideal environments. Deep bass allows you to turn up when you want to tune out. Comfortable material fits perfectly in your ear - no adjustment, no irritation or discomfort. Here are 3 sizes eartips for you to choose
- 【BLUETOOTH YOU CAN COUNT ON】ENACFIER Future Bluetooth headphones have an impressively superior stable and smooth connection signal with Bluetooth Range up 15-20m. Use them around your home and your office without worrying about interruptions or technical difficulties. It's the easy, hassle-free wireless experience you've been looking for
- 【ONE-STEP PARING TECHNOLOGY】You don't need any skills to use ENACFIRE Future Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Headphones. They are easy to connect as they are available for a connection whenever they are on unlike the traditional wireless earphones which you have to click the power button to have them ready for connection
- Noise Isolation: Impressive over-ear cup design can effectively isolate environmental noise through passive noise reduction (NOT active noise cancellation), it can enhance the listening experience, make completely immersed in the music world or enjoy the joy of talking with family and friends.
- Excellent Stereo Hi-Fi Sound: The closed back design provides impressive Hi-Fi sound with 40mm driver together. The clear and quality audio will bring you the deep, powerful and balanced sounds when you listen to music or watch movies.
- Hand free call & Built in Mic: Rydohi Bluetooth headsets provide a quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices like cell phones, tablets, pc, TVs within 33 feet, with a high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls, which is convenient for you to free yourself from wires.(ONLY FOR WIRELESS MODE)
- Up to 35 hours long battery life
- 10 minutes Quick Charge for 90 minutes playback
- Sleek, swivel fold design for compact on-ear style
- [ Hi-Fi Bass Sound]:Powerful 57mm stereo driver and advanced bluetooth 4.2 chip that aim to deliver you superior sound quality with high fidelity deep bass and crystal clear treble, lose yourself in immersive music even in the lowest volume levels!
- [Super Features]: Wireless and wired flexible headphones,if the battery is low, you can switch to wired mode and enjoy music with a 3.5mm audio cable . Use FM radio and support SD card (sold separately) playback. You can listen to the FM radio using your headphones, or you can put the SD card on the SD card on your headphones to listen to music.Built-in Microphone and Control,over ear headphones provide high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls.
- [Foldable Design]:The foldable Headband is not only designed for saving your desk space. Depending on your head/ear size/shape, it maybe feels like"on ear"for someone to wear which is designed to avoid sound leakage. In case of that and to get both audio and wearing comfort, please take off the headphone every 1-2 hrs to get your ears relax and protect them from muggy environment in use.
Last update on 2020-03-20 / As an Amazon Associate Fuseboxed earns from qualifying purchases / Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.co.uk, Inc. or its affiliates / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Main image credit: OnePlus