OnePlus confirm ‘silent phone calls’ OnePlus 6 bug30th May 2018
OnePlus have confirmed the existence of a OnePlus 6 bug that can cause the new flagship to lose all audio during a phone call.
The bug can occur when the speakerphone is activated during a call. Instead of moving the call to the loudspeaker, the audio is lost and the OnePlus 6 falls silent. Switching back to the handset earpiece and deactivating the speakerphone does then not have any effect.
Once the audio has been dropped, the only way to restore the call is by disconnecting and placing a new phone call.
OnePlus have confirmed to
The ‘silent speakerphone’ bug was first reported by members of the OnePlus community. Some complained that the bug left them unable to use software that automatically activated the speakerphone using the proximity sensor.
Here’s our current list of changed planned to be made in the next OnePlus 6 update:
- Display more notification icons in the status bar, when reducing the display size setting has created more space before the notch
- Removal of the three overflow status bar dots on all devices
- Increased notification and ringtone sound volume
- Rear camera autofocus improvements
- Fix problems when using Indian carrier IDEA as secondary/non-data sim
- Fix silent phone calls bug (as above)
- Restore status bar battery percentage option (as above)
- Add scheduled do-not-disturb feature (as above)
OnePlus are yet to confirm when exactly this software update will be released, but they have a great record of prompt updates, so expect no more than a couple of weeks. Your phone will notify you once the update is available, which should allow you to resolve all the OnePlus 6 bugs listed with a simple quick restart.
Future updates will include portrait mode functionality using the front camera, and ongoing improvements to display scaling within apps. We’ve reached out to OnePlus for further information.
The OnePlus 6 is the first OnePlus device to support seamless updates, an Android Nougat feature. This allows updates to be installed silently in the background, to then be activated with nothing but a quick, standard restart. Seamless updates will not require the extended restart of traditional Android software updates, which install the update itself whilst the phone is restarting. These kept the phone out of action for anything from a few minutes upwards, depending on the size of the update.
Looking for a quick workaround to the speakerphone bug, and an excuse to buy some great new Bluetooth headphones?
Our bestsellers below offer a great alternative to the upcoming OnePlus Bullets, at a fraction of their price and without waiting months for availability.
The best OnePlus Bullet alternatives for the OnePlus 6:
- Built in magnets let you attach two headphones together when not using, and wear like a necklace around your neck, a convenient way to carry around when you don't need them
- Comfortable in-ear design, snug and secure to make sure the headset stay put and your music stays smooth when you are running, cycling, exercising and doing other activities
- Noise Isolation technology reduces outside noises and enable clearer microphone sound when talking to your family or friends; you get high quality hands-free phone conversation even on the street or inside shopping mall
- Leading Playtime: Listen for up to 7 hours on a single charge. Enough juice to soundtrack your day.
- Listen Up: Precision engineered 6mm drivers, fed via Bluetooth 4.1, offer powerful and skip-free audio.
- Find Your Fit: Lightweight design with customizable EarTips and InEar-Hooks give anyone a strong and comfortable fit.
- 【Stereo & Bass Driven Sound】Mpow 059 Bluetooth headphones provides you immersive Hi-Fi sound and rich bass with CSR chip & 40mm driver. The Closed-back design and noise isolation pads help block the ambient noise. NOTE: 059 is not active noise cancellation ( ANC ). As an additional factor of sound quality, it is better than ANC.
- 【Up to 20 Hrs & Wired Mode】1. The wireless mode: Battery update to 20-hr music time/ talking time in a single charge, instead of 13-15 hrs from Oct 1, 2017; 2. The Wired mode: you can also use it as a wired headphone with the provided audio cable so the headphones will never power off. We provides lifetime warranty & worry-free money back
- 【Born for Comfortable】The memory-protein ear cushion ensures lasting comfort. The stainless steel slider and softly over-ear padded headband allows you to find the perfect fit without constraint and provide excellent durability.
- 【IPX7 Sweatproof for Running】Mpow IPX7 Water-resistant Nano-coating efficiently protects sport headphones from sweat and ensure more guaranteed life span, Perfect for running, cycling, hiking, yoga, exercises, gym, fitness, travelling, etc. Comes with an EVA Carrying Bag .
- 【10 Hours Longer Playing Time】 Improved lithium polymer battery (Lightweight Enough, not like other headphones) brings up to 10 hours pleasure musically and socially with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours. It will show the remaining battery power of the headphones on the iOS Phone screen. Note: 1. Mpow Flame has 12V over-voltage hardware cut off, 1A over-current restored fuse to achieve safe charging. 2. Please use charging cable provided, or certified brand charging cable. 3. We don't recommend
- 【Enhanced Comfort & Wearbility】 1. We have improved the ear hooks to the proper hardness for snug fit. 2. Additionally come with a pair of memory-foam ear tips (adapt to ear canal to provide a perfect seal and snug fit to help keep your earbuds in place) and a cord clip, besides 3 pairs of regular ear tips in different sizes for your custom fit. 3. Suitable for normal size ears.
- Simplified Bluetooth connectivity with NFC One-touch. The wearing style is Headband and Over-ear
- 30 mm neodymium driver unit
- Up to 30 hours of battery life
Last update on 2018-12-18 / As an Amazon Associate Fuseboxed earns from qualifying purchases / Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.co.uk, Inc. or its affiliates / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Main image credit: OnePlus