OnePlus 6: How to display battery percentage on status bar25th May 2018
With the latest flagship landing on doorsteps this week, many OnePlus fans have been trying to get their OnePlus 6 battery percentage displayed in the status bar.
All previous OnePlus phones have included an option within the Settings menu, under Status Bar, that allows users to have the battery percentage permanently displayed in the status bar.
However, this option is not present in the OnePlus 6 status bar settings, leading fans to frantically search the phone’s menus looking for the battery percentage option. Some have wondered if the battery percentage option was removed to save space on the OnePlus 6 notch display.
Update: OnePlus adds status bar battery percentage option to OnePlus 6
OnePlus have now released a software update for the OnePlus 6 that allows the battery percentage to be displayed on the status bar. However, this has been added as an alternative battery style option, rather than a separate toggle.
This means, unlike the OnePlus 3T screenshot shown above, where both a battery icon and percentage are displayed, enabling the status bar battery percentage on the OnePlus 6 removes the ‘battery bar’ icon.
How to enable OnePlus 6 battery percentage in status bar:
- Ensure you have installed the latest software update.
(Settings > scroll to bottom > System Updates)
- Go to Settings, then under Customisation, select Status Bar
- Select Battery Style
- You’ll be given four options. Battery bar, battery circle, battery
percent, and battery hidden. Select battery percent.
Thankfully, OnePlus have confirmed the battery percentage option will be added to the OnePlus 6 in its next software update, alongside the scheduled do-not-disturb feature. So, whilst you can’t enable it just yet, rest assured that the Oneplus 6 battery percentage display option will be added in the next few weeks. Until then, the battery percentage is just a quick swipe away. We’ll update this page with further instructions once the update is out. If you really need your battery percentage displayed urgently, If you must have the battery icon and percentage shown in the status bar, there are many apps on the Play Store that will use a notification to show the battery percentage in your status bar.
A passable workaround, but something I’d find
OxygenOS Operations staff member Gary C. confirmed the news in a OnePlus 6 Questions & Answers post he made this week:
Question: Can you please explain why there is no option for Battery Percentage in the status bar?
Answer: Feedback received. We will support it in the next update.
Question: The new alert slider works
handy! HoweverI didn’t see the Scheduled DND feature.
Answer: Nice catch. We plan to have it in the next software update too.
Gary also confirmed upcoming updates would address autofocus issues on the rear camera and increase the volume of calls and notifications.
Great alternatives to the OnePlus Bullet wireless headphones
Don’t fancy waiting months for the OnePlus Bullet headphones to be released?
Check out our best alternatives below, at a fraction of the $69, £69, and €69 retail price of the OnePlus Bullets.
- Leading Playtime: Listen for up to 7 hours on a single charge. Enough juice to soundtrack your day.
- Listen Up: Precision engineered 6mm drivers, fed via Bluetooth 4.1, offer powerful and skip-free audio.
- Find Your Fit: Lightweight design with customizable EarTips and InEar-Hooks give anyone a strong and comfortable fit.
- Built-in magnets let you attach the two headphones together when not using, and wear like a necklace around your neck, a convenient way to carry around when you don't need them
- Comfortable in-ear design, snug and secure, make sure the headset stay put and your music stays smooth when you are running, cycling, exercising and doing other activities
- CVC Noise Cancellation 6.0 technology reduces outside noises, enable clearer microphone sound when talking to your family or friends; you get high quality, hands-free phone conversation even on the street or inside shopping mall
- 【IPX7 Sweatproof for Running】Mpow IPX7 Water-resistant Nano-coating efficiently protects sport headphones from sweat and ensure more guaranteed life span, Perfect for running, cycling, hiking, yoga, exercises, gym, fitness, travelling, etc. Comes with an EVA Carrying Bag .
- 【7-9 Hours Longer Playing Time】 Improved lithium polymer battery (Lightweight Enough, not like other headphones) brings up to 9 hours pleasure musically and socially with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours. It will show the remaining battery power of the headphones on the iOS Phone screen. Note: 1. Mpow Flame has 12V over-voltage hardware cut off, 1A over-current restored fuse to achieve safe charging. 2. Please use charging cable provided, or certified brand charging cable. 3. We don't recommend using fast charging. Playing time depends on the volume of your devices.
- 【Stereo High Quality Sound & Hands-Free Calling】 Adopting latest Bluetooth 4.1+ EDR Technology, Best CSR Chip and superior acoustic components, this wireless earphones produce incredible sound quality with dynamic listening experience. Isolation replacement eartips are engineered to create a custom in-ear fit to block out external noise and provide a superior audio experience with enhanced bass. Allows skip / play/ pause on your music tracks as well as without reaching your phone. The built-in HD microphone transmits your voice clearly.
- 【Superior Stereo Sound】Adopted noise isolation pads, our headphones provide you with high fidelity stereo music. Noise cancellation technology enables the microphone to transmit crystal clear voice for hassle-free calls.
- 【Never Power Off, Both Wireless & Wired】The wireless mode: A built-in 250mAh battery provides up to 8-hr successive working time in a single charge; The Wired mode: you can also use it as a wired headphone with the provided audio cable so the headphones will never power off.
- 【Hands-Free Call & Built-In Mic】OMorc Bluetooth headphones provide a quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices like cell phones, tablets, pc, TVs within 10m/33 feet, with a high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls.
- Ergonomically Angled Eartip Design: Inclined silicone eartips reach deeper into the ear for a snug fit that stays put while feeling comfortable when running, jogging, and working out
- Stellar Battery Life: 120mAh battery streams music for up to 9 hours after only 2 hours of charging; Bluetooth 4.2 minimizes power consumption while providing a more stable and reliable connection
- IPX6 Splashproof Build: Internal nano coating keeps the headphones fully functional even when breaking a sweat or being used under light rain
Last update on 2018-08-18 / As an Amazon Associate Fuseboxed earns from qualifying purchases / Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.co.uk, Inc. or its affiliates / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Source: Gary C
Main image credit: OnePlus