OnePlus 6: How to display battery percentage on status bar25th May 2018
With the latest flagship landing on doorsteps this week, many OnePlus fans have been trying to get their OnePlus 6 battery percentage displayed in the status bar.
All previous OnePlus phones have included an option within the Settings menu, under Status Bar, that allows users to have the battery percentage permanently displayed in the status bar.
However, this option is not present in the OnePlus 6 status bar settings, leading fans to frantically search the phone’s menus looking for the battery percentage option. Some have wondered if the battery percentage option was removed to save space on the OnePlus 6 notch display.
Update: OnePlus adds status bar battery percentage option to OnePlus 6
OnePlus have now released a software update for the OnePlus 6 that allows the battery percentage to be displayed on the status bar. However, this has been added as an alternative battery style option, rather than a separate toggle.
This means, unlike the OnePlus 3T screenshot shown above, where both a battery icon and percentage are displayed, enabling the status bar battery percentage on the OnePlus 6 removes the ‘battery bar’ icon.
How to enable OnePlus 6 battery percentage in status bar:
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to enable OnePlus 6 battery percentage in status bar:
- Install the latest software update
Ensure you have installed the latest software update.
(Settings > scroll to bottom > System Updates)
- Access the status bar customisation menu
Go to Settings, then under Customisation, select Status Bar
- Select Battery Style
Open the Battery Style menu, where the option to display as a percentage has now been added. Select Battery Style
- Select Battery Percent
You’ll be given four options. Battery bar, battery circle, battery
and battery hidden. Select battery
That’s it, you’ve enabled status battery percentage on your Oneplus 6
Thankfully, OnePlus have confirmed the battery percentage option will be added to the OnePlus 6 in its next software update, alongside the scheduled do-not-disturb feature. So, whilst you can’t enable it just yet, rest assured that the Oneplus 6 battery percentage display option will be added in the next few weeks. Until then, the battery percentage is just a quick swipe away. We’ll update this page with further instructions once the update is out. If you really need your battery percentage displayed urgently, If you must have the battery icon and percentage shown in the status bar, there are many apps on the Play Store that will use a notification to show the battery percentage in your status bar.
A passable workaround, but something I’d find
OxygenOS Operations staff member Gary C. confirmed the news in a OnePlus 6 Questions & Answers post he made this week:
Question: Can you please explain why there is no option for Battery Percentage in the status bar?
Answer: Feedback received. We will support it in the next update.
Question: The new alert slider works
handy! HoweverI didn’t see the Scheduled DND feature.
Answer: Nice catch. We plan to have it in the next software update too.
Gary also confirmed upcoming updates would address autofocus issues on the rear camera and increase the volume of calls and notifications.
Great alternatives to the OnePlus Bullet wireless headphones
Don’t fancy waiting months for the OnePlus Bullet headphones to be released?
Check out our best alternatives below, at a fraction of the $69, £69, and €69 retail price of the OnePlus Bullets.
- Stellar Battery Life: you can get 9 hours of continuous music, or can relax with 80 hours of standby time when powered with a 5V external charger.
- Water-resistant Build: TT-BH07 features IPX6 waterproof shell and internal nano coating for the sweatiest exercises
- Latest Bluetooth 5.0 technology: ensures easy and fast pairing with smartphones, tablets and other Bluetooth enabled music devices; aptX codec provides pure, CD-like high quality sound for compatible devices.
- 【ONE-STEP PARING TECHNOLOGY】 Probably the most simple tech Bluetooth wireless headphones device you've used before. Don't have to press any buttons. ONLY pull them out of magnetic charging case and " E18 " automatically appear on your iPhone /Android smartphone. In a matter of seconds, you are in your euphonic music world.
- 【INCREDIBLE SOUND QUALITY】 E18 ensures that you don't miss any part or component of your music. The Bass from the amazing wireless earphones is to the standards and recommendable for your ear safety. The music output is HD stereo audio that will make not want to quit listening. The level of the output for our Bluetooth headphones is to the recommended health standards.
- 【TRUE WIRELESS EXPERIENCE】 You will never worry about wire tangles while on true wireless earbuds as they use no wire connections at all and the connection range of up to 33 ft.As long as your device is within the range, EnacFire E18 Bluetooth earphones guarantee you quality music better than the wire embedded earphones.
- Leading Playtime: Listen for up to 7 hours on a single charge. Enough juice to soundtrack your day.
- Listen Up: Precision engineered 6mm drivers, fed via Bluetooth 4.1, offer powerful and skip-free audio.
- Find Your Fit: Lightweight design with customizable EarTips and InEar-Hooks give anyone a strong and comfortable fit.
- 4 In 1 Multifunctional Bluetooth Headphones: Wireless Stereo Bluetooth + Card MP3 player + FM Radio + Wired Headset function.
- Excellent Stereo Hi-Fi Sound: The closed back design provides impressive Hi-Fi sound 40mm driver together. The clear and quality audio will bring you the deep, powerful and balanced sounds when you listen to music or watch movies.
- Hand free call & Built in Mic: Rydohi Bluetooth headsets provide a quick and stable connection with your Bluetooth enabled devices like cell phones, tablets, pc, TVs within 33 feet, with a high-quality built-in microphone for hands-free calls, which is convenient for you to free yourself from wires.(ONLY FOR WIRELESS MODE)
- Built-in microphone：Earbuds with microphone and volume buttons, Can be used in hands-free mode to Answer/reject phone calls, play/pause songs, skip next/previous song, volume +/-, start Siri
- The Advantage:Earphones with an ergonomic design， Sports headphones feature an ergonomic design with highly elastic, adjustable silicon earbuds
- Fast and Stable Pairing speed:aptX codec provides pure, CD-like high quality sound for compatible devices.Compatible with all devices with Bluetooth capabilities.
Last update on 2019-03-24 / As an Amazon Associate Fuseboxed earns from qualifying purchases / Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.co.uk, Inc. or its affiliates / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Source: Gary C
Main image credit: OnePlus