OnePlus 6: How to display battery percentage on status bar25th May 2018
With the latest flagship landing on doorsteps this week, many OnePlus fans have been trying to get their OnePlus 6 battery percentage displayed in the status bar.
All previous OnePlus phones have included an option within the Settings menu, under Status Bar, that allows users to have the battery percentage permanently displayed in the status bar.
However, this option is not present in the OnePlus 6 status bar settings, leading fans to frantically search the phone’s menus looking for the battery percentage option. Some have wondered if the battery percentage option was removed to save space on the OnePlus 6 notch display.
Update: OnePlus adds status bar battery percentage option to OnePlus 6
OnePlus have now released a software update for the OnePlus 6 that allows the battery percentage to be displayed on the status bar. However, this has been added as an alternative battery style option, rather than a separate toggle.
This means, unlike the OnePlus 3T screenshot shown above, where both a battery icon and percentage are displayed, enabling the status bar battery percentage on the OnePlus 6 removes the ‘battery bar’ icon.
How to enable OnePlus 6 battery percentage in status bar:
Time needed: 1 minute.
How to enable OnePlus 6 battery percentage in status bar:
- Install the latest software update
Ensure you have installed the latest software update.
(Settings > scroll to bottom > System Updates)
- Access the status bar customisation menu
Go to Settings, then under Customisation, select Status Bar
- Select Battery Style
Open the Battery Style menu, where the option to display as a percentage has now been added. Select Battery Style
- Select Battery Percent
You’ll be given four options. Battery bar, battery circle, battery
and battery hidden. Select battery
That’s it, you’ve enabled status battery percentage on your Oneplus 6
Thankfully, OnePlus have confirmed the battery percentage option will be added to the OnePlus 6 in its next software update, alongside the scheduled do-not-disturb feature. So, whilst you can’t enable it just yet, rest assured that the Oneplus 6 battery percentage display option will be added in the next few weeks. Until then, the battery percentage is just a quick swipe away. We’ll update this page with further instructions once the update is out. If you really need your battery percentage displayed urgently, If you must have the battery icon and percentage shown in the status bar, there are many apps on the Play Store that will use a notification to show the battery percentage in your status bar.
A passable workaround, but something I’d find
OxygenOS Operations staff member Gary C. confirmed the news in a OnePlus 6 Questions & Answers post he made this week:
Question: Can you please explain why there is no option for Battery Percentage in the status bar?
Answer: Feedback received. We will support it in the next update.
Question: The new alert slider works
handy! HoweverI didn’t see the Scheduled DND feature.
Answer: Nice catch. We plan to have it in the next software update too.
Gary also confirmed upcoming updates would address autofocus issues on the rear camera and increase the volume of calls and notifications.
Great alternatives to the OnePlus Bullet wireless headphones
Don’t fancy waiting months for the OnePlus Bullet headphones to be released?
Check out our best alternatives below, at a fraction of the $69, £69, and €69 retail price of the OnePlus Bullets.
- Built-in magnets let you attach the two headphones together when not using, and wear like a necklace around your neck, a convenient way to carry around when you don't need them
- Comfortable in-ear design, snug and secure, make sure the headset stay put and your music stays smooth when you are running, cycling, exercising and doing other activities
- Noise Isolation technology reduces outside noises, enable clearer microphone sound when talking to your family or friends; you get high quality, hands-free phone conversation even on the street or inside shopping mall
- Leading Playtime: Listen for up to 7 hours on a single charge. Enough juice to soundtrack your day.
- Listen Up: Precision engineered 6mm drivers, fed via Bluetooth 4.1, offer powerful and skip-free audio.
- Find Your Fit: Lightweight design with customizable EarTips and InEar-Hooks give anyone a strong and comfortable fit.
- 【IPX7 Sweatproof for Running】Mpow IPX7 Water-resistant Nano-coating efficiently protects sport headphones from sweat and ensure more guaranteed life span, Perfect for running, cycling, hiking, yoga, exercises, gym, fitness, travelling, etc. Comes with an EVA Carrying Bag .
- 【7-9 Hours Longer Playing Time】 Improved lithium polymer battery (Lightweight Enough, not like other headphones) brings up to 9 hours pleasure musically and socially with a quick charge of only 1.5 hours. It will show the remaining battery power of the headphones on the iOS Phone screen. Note: 1. Mpow Flame has 12V over-voltage hardware cut off, 1A over-current restored fuse to achieve safe charging. 2. Please use charging cable provided, or certified brand charging cable. 3. We don't recommend using fast charging. Playing time depends on the volume of your devices.
- 【Stereo High Quality Sound & Hands-Free Calling】 Adopting latest Bluetooth 4.1+ EDR Technology, Best CSR Chip and superior acoustic components, this wireless earphones produce incredible sound quality with dynamic listening experience. Isolation replacement eartips are engineered to create a custom in-ear fit to block out external noise and provide a superior audio experience with enhanced bass. Allows skip / play/ pause on your music tracks as well as without reaching your phone. The built-in HD microphone transmits your voice clearly.
- 【ONE-STEP PARING TECHNOLOGY】 Probably the most simple tech Bluetooth wireless headphones device you've used before. Don't have to press any buttons. ONLY pull them out of magnetic charging case and " E18 " automatically appear on your iPhone /Android smartphone. In a matter of seconds, you are in your euphonic music world.
- 【INCREDIBLE SOUND QUALITY】 E18 ensures that you don't miss any part or component of your music. The Bass from the amazing wireless earphones is to the standards and recommendable for your ear safety. The music output is HD stereo audio that will make not want to quit listening. The level of the output for our Bluetooth headphones is to the recommended health standards.
- 【TRUE WIRELESS EXPERIENCE】 You will never worry about wire tangles while on true wireless earbuds as they use no wire connections at all and the connection range of up to 33 ft.As long as your device is within the range, EnacFire E18 Bluetooth earphones guarantee you quality music better than the wire embedded earphones.
- Reduce noise while providing a clear music/calling experience.
- Lightweight and easy to carry, ideal for listening to music, talking, working, and sports.
- Designed with ergonomic, comfortably fit to your ears, won't pop or slide when you're moving or exercising.
Last update on 2018-10-22 / As an Amazon Associate Fuseboxed earns from qualifying purchases / Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.co.uk, Inc. or its affiliates / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Source: Gary C
Main image credit: OnePlus